WinShear32 is the latest operating software for the Hercules High Shear, Model DV-10.
If you have previously used versions of WinShear, you will find that Winshear32 has much of the same functionality but is much easier to use and customize.
- Three customizable default graphs can be displayed after a test is completed.
- Saved test files (.vis file) can be opened from Windows Explorer.
- Pre-Shear — Test parameters are ran a set number of times without collecting data before running the actual test.
- An option to put annotations on your graphs.
- Tabular menus to consolidate many of the software and graph settings into one easy to use dialog.
- A password function to prevent unauthorized viscometer calibrations.
- Upgraded diagnostic programs and improved Help files aids in troubleshooting.
- The viscometer-computer communications automatically determines machine setup and error detection.
- Leveling Index – a quick indication of leveling after coating application.
- Shear Block Report — An algorithm is applied to the results to identify the break point where the sample begins to Shear Block. Some fluids behave Newtonian at low shear rates then as the shear rate increases the sample suddenly becomes dilatant (blocked).
Minimum Computer Requirements
- Intel® Pentium® Processor
- 32MB of RAM (64MB recommended)
- UART Comm. port (for display of the real time graph)
- VGA monitor
- Microsoft® Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP
- Mouse or pointing device
- 540 megabyte hard drive or greater